When Visiting Telluride, the Mountain Village & Surrounding Areas
- Make Sure To:
- BRING YOUR CAMERA! Telluride in the fall is beautiful.
- Visit the Telluride Truffle shop: If you like chocolate, caramel and sea salt…try the “Columbine”!
- Ride the free Gondola at least once while in Telluride, the view is fantastic. Keep a look out below for bear, deer and marmots getting ready for winter.
- Drop by the Telluride Visitor’s Center if you have any questions about the Telluride area: 236 W. Colorado Ave, main street Telluride on the corner of Oak St.
Free Activities in Telluride, Mountain Village & Surrounding Areas
- Ames Power Plant: 6 miles from the Town of Telluride short walk to waterfall
- Bridal Veil Falls: View from Smuggler Mine: 1 mile from the Town of Telluride, suitable drive for any vehicle
- Self Guided Walking Historical Tour of the Town of Telluride (See details in the Telluride Visitors Guide) You can also take a guided history tour through the Telluride History Museum for $15pp which would include admittance to the Telluride History Museum itself.
- Many great Galleries in the Town of Telluride
- Hiking: Moderate impact suggestions:
- Tomboy Road (at the end of Oak St North) or Black Bear Trail (starts at the end of Pine St South)
- Valley Floor River Trail: Flat trail (low impact), starts in Town follows the Valley Floor and San Miguel River.
- You can also ride the Free Gondola from Mountain Village or Telluride, get off at the top (San Sophia Station/Allreds) and hike down Telluride Trail to the Town or Telluride or hike back to Mountain Village.
Pay Activities in Telluride, Mountain Village & Surroundings Areas
- The Spa at the Peaks (If you are staying at the Peaks, the Peaks Spa is included in your nightly rate).
- Telluride History Museum: Town of Telluride, 201 W. Gregory Ave, Admission $5pp
- Jeep/4×4 Tours/Guided Hiking or Biking/SUP Rentals/Fly Fishing
- Companies that provide one or all of these services:
- Telluride Outside: 800-831-6230
- Telluride Outfitters: 970-728-4475
- Dave’s Mountain Tours: 970-728-9749
- Local Beer and Spirits Tasting:
- Smugglers Brewpub: 225 S. Pine St, Town of Telluride
- Telluride Brewing Company: 156 Society Dr, Lawson Hill (3 miles from town)
- Telluride Distilling Company: Heritage Plaza in Mountain Village (through Franz Klammer breezeway, down the short set of stairs on the right)