Not heading out on the Million Dollar Highway Road Rally on Friday? The Cars & Colors Poker Run is another great way get familiar with the beautiful surroundings of this spectacular mountain destination.
To take part in the Cars & Colors Poker Run you’ll need a sense of adventure and a willingness to explore some of the great locations in the towns of Mountain Village and Telluride. You won’t, however, need to be a poker expert or even need to ‘run’. The event is designed so that you can either walk, with the assistance of the free gondola, or drive to the 5 designated locations to be ‘dealt your cards’. The contest isn’t even a timed event; you’ll just need to register your filled in Score Card before 3pm to be eligible to win fabulous prizes!
The winner will be the participant that turns in the Highest Poker Hand on their Score Card, based on standard poker hand rankings. The Cars & Colors Staff will make the ‘winning hand’ determination and the winner will be announced at the Cars & Colors Lounge between 3:00pm-3:30p Friday, September 22, 2017.
10:00am – 11:00am: Check in at the Cars & Colors Lounge on Friday morning between 10am-11am and pick up your Score Card and Poker Run Map (You’ll need to show your 2017 Cars & Colors 4 Day Festival Pass to collect these items).
11:00a-3:00pm: Set out to the 5 designated ”Dealer” locations, some in Mountain Village and some in the Town of Telluride, to draw one card from the Cars & Colors “Dealer” at each location. Each “Dealer” will mark your Score Card with the card you have drawn at each location. You do not need to visit each location in the order that they are listed, in fact, we encourage you to mix it up! You’ll have plenty of time to get to the 5 locations in the 4 hours allotted so, take your time, enjoy a cup coffee or a short lunch…just make sure to turn your Score Card in again at the Cars & Colors Lounge by 3pm.
3:00pm: Deadline to return your score card in at the Cars & Colors Lounge.
3:00pm – 3:00pm: Winner announced at the Cars & Colors Lounge
- Each participate will receive 1 Poker Run Score Card to represent 1 hand of poker
- To be eligible, participants must have a 2017 Cars & Colors 4 Day Festival Pass
- A “Hand” will consist of “5 Cards” which will be represented by stamps on each participants score card
- There will be 5 designated “Dealer Locations” throughout Mountain Village and the Town of Telluride
- The Poker Run hours are from 11am-3pm, Friday, September 22, 2017 only.
- No ‘wild cards’ will be used to build hands
- If a participant draws a card that is already on their Score Card, for example if the Queen of Hearts is already indicated on the card and the Queen of Hearts is drawn again at a different Dealer location, then the participant will be dealt a new card.
- One deck of cards will be used at each Dealer location.
- Score Cards must be turned back in by 3pm, Friday, September 22, 2017 to qualify for prizes
- There will only be 1 winner
- Participants must be present at the Cars & Colors Lounge between 3:00pm and 3:30pm in order to win. The winner will be announced at the Cars & Colors Lounge between 3:00pm-3:30p Friday, September 22, 2017.
- All decisions by the Cars & Colors Poker Run Staff are final